Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Cuppa T

Anyone who's been following this blog for the past two years (hiya mam!) will probably know two things: I like music and I like Scotland. As such, I'm beside myself with excitement about the prospect of heading to T in the Park in a couple of weeks' time.

The festival takes place in a disused airfield in Belado, Scotland and takes its name from its main sponsor, lager company Tennents, who've recently started distributing in Ireland. It's on the same weekend as Oxegen and, so, has the same awesome line-up but (one hopes) considerably fewer drunk leaving cert students.

The festival's 85,000 tickets sold out in 90 minutes when they went on sale in February but you win VIP passes over on the Tennents website.

Eimear and I are heading over on our own so, if you're going and fancy being out mate, send me an e-mail. I plan on doing a more in-depth look at the line-up before I head for the highlands but, for now, ogle this:

Friday 9 July Saturday 10 July Sunday 11 July
Main Stage
Radio 1 / NME Stage
King Tut's Wah Wah Tent
Red Bull Bedroom Jam Futures Stage
Slam Tent

2 comments:

we're having a moment said...

if ye two fancy a detour home via London for a few days yer more than welcome at mine =)

Anonymous said...

I would spend all my time in the Wah Wah Tent, if not for the lineup then at least for THE BEST NAME EVER.

Actually this festival as a whole sounds awesome.