Thursday, October 22, 2009

Destroy Everything You Touch

Over the past while, I've noticed a drastic increase in the number of arts-oriented club nights in Dublin. Honestly, I'd put this down to ignorance on my part due to my being perfectly content to get sloshed in the student bar at DCU.

However, the people behind The Destructors' Manifesto a once-off "non-profit celebration of everything that is great about Irish culture and art today" contend that there has indeed been a surge in creativity and that this is an inevitable state of affairs in the wake of the rather abrupt ending of our collective Celtic dreamtime.

"Out of destruction comes creation" is the group's mantra and they intend to showcase the creativity in various forms at their event in the newly refurbished Tivoli Theatre next Friday, the 30th of September from 8pm.

The brainchild of artist Maria Roche, the event will incorporate art, theatre, live music, film, photography, graffiti, story-telling and, of course, dancing. The full line-up of artists and performers can be found on the Facebook page and tickets are €10 (purely to help cover costs, I'm told).

Let me know if you're planning on checking it out. We can, you know, dance and pretend to appreciate art and stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its going to be insane:-)

Unknown said...

I hear Jack White be coming no joke Maria can tell you the story