Monday, April 13, 2009

I'll tell it once, one time because it deserves to be told, and then never again...

I realise posts have been few and far between of late. This isn't the place to go in to details as to why this has happened but let's just say I've been otherwise engaged.

As I knuckle down to college work and thesis (oh lord) I'll probably become a little more prolific. There's one last distraction before that happens though... Bash.

Against my better judgement, I took on directing a show in my final semester in DCU. 'Bash: Latterday Plays' is written by Neil LaBute and sees four seemingly harmless, 'ordinary' people invite you to lend an ear as they reveal murky secrets and patch together twisted tales.

Despite all that's gone on in recent weeks, and thanks to trojan efforts by the cast, the show miraculously came together in time for a performance last Friday in Limerick as part of the Irish Student Drama Association's annual festival.

I've been to the ISDA Festival five times and, during that time, DCU Drama won just one award and was nominated in a further two categories. Incredibly, 'Bash' managed to scoop two awards: 'Best Actress' for Megan O' Riordan and 'Best Director' for yours truly. We even clinched a further two nominations for 'Best Overall Production' and, ahem, 'Best Lighting Design'.

The show has a run in DCU this week, Tuesday and Wednesday @ 7:30 in The Venue.

Come see it if you can!

2 comments:

Girlhurler said...

Goodness! Well done Joey, that's awesome! I hope there's a Thur performance as it's the night I'll be most likely to make it ...

Anonymous said...

Whoop Whoop!!!!

Can't wait to see it 2moro!!!