Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Barometer of Judgement


Love it:


DCU FM - DCU's Media Production Society this week re-launched their radio station thanks to a trojan effort by Chris Clery. Tune in on Tuesday's between 4pm and 6pm to hear me and Leah Doyle presenting 'Pop Years'.

'Ladies' playing in Dublin - Ladyhawke and Lady Gaga are both set to rock the mic in Dublin next February. I will definitely be at Ladyhawke but, in order to see Gaga, one will have to endure the mortification of attending a Pussycat Dolls gig, as she is the support act at their O2 date.

Ice-skating - Even my job at Smithfield on Ice hasn't tainted my love of the rink.

Paul Howard
- I had the pleasure of interviewing the Ross O' Carroll Kelly writer recently and, even though it's hard not to feel as though he's flogging a dead horse at this stage, the man is so charismatic and witty that you'd forgive him anything.

TAC - Really cool indie night organised by some NCAD folk. Credit must go to Lyndsay for the discovery. Next one is on December 23rd.


Shove it:

Miming - Performers miming to songs on television is not a crime but I think an effort should be made to make it look convincing. Take note Britney Spears and 'X Factor' producers. Miming whilst performing 'live' at a gig is unforgiveable. Hang yizzer heads in shame, Zeigeist (aka Shitegeist.)

Caffeine addictions
- My new year's resolution is to ease off on the Pepsi and Coke intake.

X Factor
- Single-handedly ruining the fun of the race to Christmas no. 1.

DCU Meltdown - The bar's no craic and closed all the time. 3 euro Tuesday's are but a hazy memory. Students are banned from The Hub at weekends. Nobody turns up for events like The Carnival Ball or Duke Special (possibly the best DCU gig I've ever attended.) How I pine for my proper DCU crew and the days of old.

Working 'round the clock
- As you can tell by the lack of posts on here, it's a busy, busy time indeed for The Bubble Boy. I'm counting down the days until the Xmas holidays...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

JOEY! X Factor is awesome!

ps - thanks for the mention x