Thursday, April 04, 2013

We're Smoking The Right Stuff


I really like Miley Cyrus.

What began as a semi-ironic enjoyment of 'Hannah Montana' quickly snowballed into fully-fledged adoration for the pop perfection of 'See You Again', 'Party In The USA' and 'Black Umbrella'.

As regards her music, I will vigorously defend Billy Ray's singing sprog to all detractors. Miley's movies, mind, I could take or leave. In fact, I don't think I've successfully managed a full sitting of a film she's been in, which is why I'm very glad that she's recently put her music-making cap back on (and lopped off most of her hair for good measure.)

Ahead of her own new material, Miley found time to guest-spot on the new Snoop Lion track 'Ashtrays & Heartbreaks'. Produced by the dream-team of Major Lazer and Ariel Rechtshaid, the track is Snoop's finest pop moment this side of his guest spot on Robyn's 'U Should Know Better' and Miley is sounding pretty good too.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think the song was about getting high. Thankfully, we all know Miley ain't got no time for that.

No comments: