Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Oh I've Been Waiting, Definitely

I'm on a bus. With Wi-Fi. And sitting still for what feels like the first time in weeks. In my memoirs, I think I'll chalk this down as a triumph.

The icing on the cake is that the internet connection is allowing me to listen to Grimes, who I've been obsessing over the past few weeks.

Like fellow Canadians Austra, elfin beauty Claire Boucher is producing otherworldly pop with a glorious high-end sheen. Boucher's output is a little more sugary and lightweight than Austra's, but ensnares your attention just as forcefully.

Her Darkbloom split-EP with D'Eon is currently permeating the blogosphere, with lead single Vanessa garnering the lion's share of attention, perhaps in part due to the Chung-friendly visual accompaniment.



Grimes - Devon by Arbutus Records

Grimes - Vanessa by Arbutus Records

Grimes plays Whelans in Dublin on August 3rd. It's a date.

No comments: