Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Feel It's Going Down, Ten Feet Below The Ground

I think circumstances can have a lot to do with a person's taste in music. Sometimes I wonder what I ever saw in the albums I once considered 'my favourites' but I appreciate that, at the time, they represented a time or place, a (seemingly) significant person or a state of mind.

Maybe in a few years' time, Perfume Genius (26-year-old Seattle singer-songwriter Mike Hadreas) won't make sense but, right now, he's all I can hear above the clamour.

Perfume Genius - Mr. Petersen



Perfume Genius - Learning

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put. I tend to agree.

we're having a moment said...

Totally agree, when Laptop died I listened to Patsy Cline for a week straight...

Also this Perfume fella is fabulous

DRN