Monday, July 26, 2010

Outer Spheres #1 - Framboise

Partly inspired by Quarter Inch, I've decided to try out a new feature on the blog, whereby I get people who's taste in music I appreciate to put together a little playlist for me.

First in the series is the lovely Éimhín Ní Cionnaith, who's launching a brand new night called Anatomy in Dublin's Twisted Pepper this Saturday, the 31st of July. The first installment in Anatomy is 'Womb With A View', which, as the name suggests, is a bloody tribute to the female reproductive system.

For her 'Framboise' playlist, Éimhín has assembled a fine arsenal of bass-heavy behemoths. I'm particularly taken with the Fake Blood Remix of Bonde Do Role's 'Marina Gasolina' and the mash-up of M.I.A's 'Bucky Done Gun' with Digitalism's 'Zdarlight'.

Framboise by Anatomy

If you enjoyed that, be sure to check out Ms Ní Cionnaith when she's at the helm of the decks on Saturday.

No comments: